Excerpt From this Document
Imagery-language that appeals to the senses.
- I saw Brier Creek from the 3rd floor, Shelly Lake at 6:30 a.m., and another grey hair.
- I heard a silent alarm clock, sirens going by, and Whitney Houston’s attempt at a comeback.
- I smelled chlorine, freshly cut grass, and hot dogs on the grill.
- I tasted Diet Sunkist, Panera Bread, and my own cooking.
- I felt my ankle twist when I fell down the stairs, chlorine go up my nose, and rested.
- I said “Let’s do lunch,” “I thought today was Thursday,” and “I miss Miami.”
- And it was the strangest thing: I saw Chaya Clarke on Facebook, I shot hoops with my 62-year-old mom, and Michael Jackson died.
- I saw: (3 things)
- I heard (3 things)
- I smelled (3 things)
- I tasted (3 things)
- I felt ( 3 things)
- I said (3 things)
- And it was the strangest thing (3 things)
First Day of School Questionnaire
Please answer the following questions using complete sentences.
- Where were you born?
- What middle school did you attend?
- What is your favorite musical group or band?
- What’s the last song that you listened to on your iPod?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite candy?
- If you could have dinner with any famous person, who would it be? Where would you go? (Choose a local place.) What would you talk about (paragraph)
About this Document
Here are two first day of school activities. The first worksheet is a poem that the students create about their summer vacation. The second is a student questionnaire.