Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Ethan Frome Teaching Unit
Excerpt From this Document
- How does Ethan’s poor financial status affect the actions of the plot?
- Although not explicitly stated, there are suggestions that, try as he might, Ethan could not escape his fate. Argue for or against that theory.
- Explain how the setting for this story—Starkfield, Massachusetts—influences this novel.
- Point out how images of warmth and light contrast with images of cold and darkness in this story.
- How appropriate is the ending of this story?
- Discuss the role that ill health plays in Ethan’s life.
- Consider these terms: hero, tragic hero, and anti-hero. Which of these terms, if any, is appropriate for Ethan?
- Write a character analysis of Ethan, Zeena, or Mattie. Be sure to include personality traits, motivations in the story, and your own opinion of each character.
About this Document
A teaching unit and individual learning packet from Prestwick House. Includes the following: Comprehensive chapter-by-chapter study guides for students Questions suitable for essay topics or discussion Vocabulary lists Muliple-choice and essay test with answer key Introductory material from Prestwick House to familiarize both students and teachers with the work.