Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Bridge to Terabithia Lesson Plan
Excerpt From this Document
Teachers: Get the most from your time in the classroom when you use this lesson plan for the Newbery Award-winning novel Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson. In addition to providing comprehensive character analyses, this lesson plan offers guidance in conveying the novel's primary themes, including conformity, individuality, and gender roles. Examples of guided discussion and study questions from this lesson plan include the following:
- In Bridge to Terabithia, where do Jesse and Leslie go and what do they call it? They find a rope hanging from a crab apple tree that swings across a creek bed. The creek bed separates the farmland from the woods. They decide to make a secret place, just for the two of them, just a few yards beyond the creek bed and swing. They call it Terabithia.
- What does Leslie tell Jesse she imagines about their teacher that amuses him? Leslie imagines funny stories about their teacher during class, like her at a fat farm, and relates the details to Jesse at recess.
- Describe Leslie's parents. They are young, with straight white teeth, and lots of hair. Leslie calls them by their first names which bothers Jesse. They wear designer jeans and talk about intellectual things. They are both writers.
- In what way do Leslie and Jesse feel differently about their parents? Leslie likes to relate to her parents: to understand them; while Jesse thinks parents are what they are, not something for you to try to puzzle out. He thinks there is something weird about a grown man wanting to be friends with his own child.
- Explain what the title to chapter seven of Bridge to Terabithia refers to. They painted the room they were working on gold. It was an enchanting sight to behold with the sun streaming in from the west.
About this Document
Written by educators for educators. The most content-rich literature lesson plans anywhere. Guaranteed.
eNotes is pleased to offer Teacher's Pet Publication LitPlans, the most complete literature lesson plans available to teachers and educators everywhere. Since 1989, these lesson plans have undergone extensive development based on the experience and feedback of teachers all over the world. We have more than 115 lesson plans available for download on the most widely-read books and plays, including this lesson plan for Bridge to Terebithia by Katherine Paterson.
Your purchase allows you to download this lesson plan for one year. This lesson plan is offered in the following file formats: PDF