Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
The Bean Trees Teaching Unit
Excerpt From this Document
- Comment on the significance of the title of this story and the titles of the chapters in this book including “How They Eat in Heaven,” “Soundness of Mind and Freedom of Will,” and “Rhizobia.”
- Cite two incidents from the story which prove Taylor believes in providence as a guiding force in her life.
- Why do you think Kingsolver presents the large picture of Jesus on the same street as the large picture of the woman in the bikini? What do you think she is saying about society’s exploitation of women?
- List three incidents from the story that support the following theme: The cultures and customs of other people need to be appreciated.
- Why do Esperanza and Estevan decide to change their names to “Hope” and “Steven”? Why does Taylor use the name “April Turtle Two Two” on the adoption papers?
- What excuses does Taylor offer to Estevan for her ignorance of the actions of the United States government concerning Guatemalan refugees?
- In what ways are Turtle and Esperanza alike?
- Why does Taylor admire Mattie?
- Cite two humorous incidents from the story; include one example of physical humor and one example of amusing dialogue.
About this Document
A teaching unit and individual learning packet from Prestwick House. Includes the following: comprehensive chapter-by-chapter study guides for students; questions suitable for essay topics or discussion; vocabulary lists; multiple-choice and essay test with answer key; introductory material from Prestwick House to familiarize both students and teachers with the work.