Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Basic Literary Elements
Excerpt From this Document
TRUE OR FALSE
- Outer space could be the setting for a story.____________________
- A character’s personality can be revealed by the things he/she does and says.______________
- Human v. Nature is when a character in a story is struggling with another character.___________________________________________
- In third person point of view stories, the narrator uses the words “I” “we” or “our” to show their perspective.________________________________
CIRCLE THE BEST ANSWER
- If a narrator is omniscient, it means that: a. He/she is a minor character b. He/she knows everything about all characters c. He/she is a “good guy” in the book d. He/she has no clue what is going on
- The ______________ of a story is the most intense moment. a. Resolution b. Exposition c. Climax d. Rising Action
- The resolution of the story is the ______________________ a. First thing you read b. How the conflict is solved at the end c. The climax d. The story that occurs before the climax
- In the exposition stage, readers learn about a. Characters b. Setting c. Both a and b d. None of the above
- The process by which an author reveals the personality of a character is___________. a. Conflict b. Point of View c. Characterization d. Setting
- Internal conflict is a. A struggle with an outside force b. A struggle against mother nature c. A struggle against oneself d. A struggle for life or death
- External conflict includes a. Human v Nature b. Human v Society c. Human v Human d. All of the above
- When an author uses the pronouns I, me, my, mine, us, it indicates that he/she is writing in the _______________ point of view. a. Human v. Nature b. Conflict c. Third Person d. First Person
- A __________ character is a type of flat character that relies on some type of stereotype. a. Round b. Dynamic c. Flat d. Stock
- A_____________ character undergoes at least one mental or emotional change from the beginning of the book to the end. a. Round b. Dynamic c. Flat d. Stock
- ______________ occurs before the climax and ___________________ occurs after the climax. a. Flat action and Round action b. Rising action and Falling action c. Stock action and Flat action d. Falling action and Rising action
- Please write briefly about an internal conflict faced by one of the characters in a story we have read.
- Please name a dynamic character from a story we have read and discuss an internal, emotional change that he/she went through. State what kind of person the character was at the beginning vs. the kind he/she was at the end.
- Describe the setting of one of the stories we have read.
- Name the theme from one of the stories we have read—please be sure to list the story name as well.
- The universal message that an author wants the reader to be able to take away from a piece of writing is called the____________ a. Theme b. Plot c. Conflict d. Story
About this Document
I used this with Freshman as we were studying literary elements as they applied to various short stories.