Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Exercises & Activities
Anticipation Guide for Speak Discussion
Excerpt From this Document
Instructions: Please complete the following discussion guide honestly. Use the letter codes below to rate the statement.
A = agree
D = disagree
N = neutral
- The pressures of fitting in at high school are greater than at any other point in one’s life.
- Students who are depressed are simply afraid to deal with their real or perceived problems.
- There is a difference between being quiet and being a “loner.”
- Students should not tell teachers about their personal problems, no matter how serious.
- A girl who dresses provocatively deserves any negative attention she gets.
- Girls are more likely to say that they have been sexually harassed than guys are.
- Whatever happens at a party should stay at a party.
- If someone is drunk or high, he or she is less responsible for his or her actions.
- If someone is drunk or high and gets assaulted at that time, I don’t feel as sorry for him or her as I would for someone who is sober.
- Parents simply don’t understand the problems teenagers go through.
- People who are quiet have something to hide.
- Being harassed as an underclassman is simply part of high school; this should not be changed.
- School is boring and not fun at all.
- Sometime teachers treat students unfairly.
- Our school has “cliques.”
- Going from middle school to high school was hard for me.
- I could go a whole day without saying a word to anyone and would be perfectly fine with that.
About this Document
Anticipation guide for a discussion about issues and themes from Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson.