Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
Exercises & Activities
Animal Farm - Chapters 1 and 2: Follow-Along Questions / Study Guide
Excerpt From this Document
Chapter 1 Questions:
- What is significant about how the animals arrange themselves as they gather to hear Major? What might this arrangement say about future meetings or events?
- According to Major, what is the cause of the animals’ problems?
- What mottos does Major give the animals?
- List the ten commandments Major gives the animals. Then give one way that each could be considered a vice.
- Examine the song, “Beasts of England,” as poetry. What imagery is present?
- What is the message? What do the animals like it so much that theymemorize it on the spot? To what emotions and needs does it appeal?
Chapter 2 Questions:
- After Major’s death, what happens to the idea of rebelling against man?
- Why don’t the pigs like the pet raven Moses’ stories about Sugarcandy Mountain?
- What causes the animals to finally rebel against Mr. Jones and his fourfarmhands?
- When the humans have been chased from the farm, what do the animals do?
- What do the animals do about the farmhouse?
- How does the behavior of the pigs foreshadow their eventual leadership positions?
About this Document
Fill in the blank format, this study guide is designed for use while reading the novel, Animal Farm, by George Orwell. Please look for the complete guide under the following titles, as they are uploaded separately (I didn't want the students working ahead): Animal Farm - Chapters 1 and 2: Follow-Along Questions / Study Guide Animal Farm - Chapters 3 and 4: Follow-Along Questions / Study Guide Animal Farm - Chapter 5: Follow-Along Questions / Study Guide Animal Farm - Chapters 6 and 7: Follow-Along Questions / Study Guide Animal Farm - Chapters 8 and 9: Follow-Along Questions / Study Guide Animal Farm - Chapter 10: Follow-Along Questions / Study Guide