Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
American Literature: Literary Period Project & Rubric
Excerpt From this Document
Objectives The Student Will:
- Research information about a specific literary period in order to gain understanding of characteristics unique to specific time periods
- Construct a multimedia presentation for communicating their learning outcomes to the class in an oral report format
- Demonstrate understanding of MLA documentation style by creating a properly formatted reference page
- Writing: The student will research information from various sources to prepare presentations or reports, which use summarizing, paraphrasing, direct quotations, citations of sources and bibliographic entries.
- Viewing and Representing: The student will access and demonstrate multiple technological reference sources. The student will develop media applications for a variety of audiences and purposes.
- Speaking and Listening: The student will demonstrate skills in analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of literary works through spoken language. The student will present oral summaries and/or analysis of material read or viewed.
- Students will be divided into groups of three and assigned a literary period/person to research.
- Students will checkout the IBooks and research information pertaining to their assigned time period to identify characteristics and historical information.
- After compiling all information and accessing the reliability of the sources used, the students will design multimedia presentations using PowerPoint software to be presented to the class.
- Students will create a typed reference page utilizing MLA documentation guidelines.
Oral Presentation: Literary Movements
- Research the characteristics of your literary period. What is unique to your movement? Give examples and nonexamples. Identify 5 authors specific to your time Provide 2 quotations relevant to your presentation (www.quotegarden.com is an excellent source).
- Compile your information and design a PowerPoint presentation. Type notes for each page to assist with your presentation. Incorporate animation and clipart in your presentation. Create at least 10 slides.
- Create a sources cited page according to MLA style. Additional information will be provided during class.
- Organize and practice your oral report according to your notes from “Enhancing Oral Communications”. Assign speaking parts to each member of your group. Print outline or slide view + notes to use during the report.
- Print a copy of your PowerPoint presentation and reference page to turn in.
About this Document
The Student will: Research information about a specific literary period in order to gain understanding of characteristics unique to specific time periods Construct a multimedia presentation for communicating their learning outcomes to the class in an oral report format Demonstrate understanding of MLA documentation style by creating a properly formatted reference page