Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
32-Problem Usage Quiz
Excerpt From this Document
Choose the correct word in the parentheses in each sentence. The first word in parentheses is choice A; the second word in parentheses is choice B. Mark your answer A or B in the blank provided.
- When (you’re, your) ready, meet me at the car.
- We need someone (who’s, whose) talent is speed-reading.
- They agreed to see us (were, where) we chose.
- I don’t know (weather, whether) our class will meet or not.
- My sister came flying (though, through) the door completely out of breath.
- I want to go to the zoo, (to, too).
- The coffee was (to, too) hot to drink immediately.
- The train was about (to, too) leave the station.
- I could never get (use, used) to getting up early.
- She wanted to know if (their, they’re) going to be at the party.
- You couldn’t pay me to go (their, there) again!
- Have you ever (set, sat) through a terrible movie?
- Do not (set, sat) your dirty shoes on the carpet.
- The children were (suppose, supposed) to take naps in the afternoon.
- I wouldn’t have (set, sat) there if I had known it was your seat.
- The curtain will (rise, raise) at 7:00 o’clock.
- We will (rise, raise) the curtain at 7:00 o’clock.
- The loaves of bread have (risen, raised) perfectly.
- The sunset was (quite, quiet) beautiful that evening.
- The forest was unusually (quite, quiet) that night.
- That’s not (quite, quiet) right, I’m afraid.
- She skated (past, passed) the boy who had fallen down.
- That tradition was (past, passed) down in our family for many generations.
- Don’t (lose, loose) any sleep over tomorrow’s exam.
- I keep my (lose, loose) change in a glass bowl.
- The company offered all (it’s, its) employees medical benefits.
- I (new, knew) the way to the stadium.
- (It’s, Its) only a short walk from here.
- Studying before an exam will have a good (effect, affect) on your grade.
- I don’t think the weather will (effect, affect) our plans.
- I can do all home repairs (accept, except) plumbing chores.
About this Document
Quizzes students over 32 of the most common problems in usage.