Total: $0.00Close Cart
eBook & Document Store
"1984" What the world was really like in 1984
Excerpt From this Document
What the World was Really Like in 1984 . . .
Directions: Using a partner and the Internet, find the answers to the following questions about the year 1984. Be ready to present information onany of the questions to the class.
- What computer went on sale on January 24, 1984?
- On what day in 1984 did two astronauts make the first untethered space walk and what were their names?
- Where were the Winter Olympics held in 1984?
- Who was charged with satanic ritual abuse on March 22, 1984? Where were they from? Any other details you can list about the story.
- What was the name of the President in 1984?
- What did this President ban on April 4, 1984?
- What are the details of the longest game ever played in baseball history?
- What happened to the Haunted Castle at Six Flags Great Adventure Park on May 11, 1984?
- What happened at a McDonald’s in San Ysidro, CA on July 18, 1984?
- What was the name of Miss America 1984 and what happened to her?
- Where were the Summer Olympics held in 1984?
- What was the name of the first woman executed in the US since 1962? What date was she executed on? What was her crime?
About this Document
This is a fun activity if you are teaching the novel and need a quick fun filler. Students answer questions, using the Internet, about things that actually took place in 1984. The students love it because they learn some really interesting things. The subject matter they search for is really only suitable for high school students, some of it might be too mature for younger aged students.