On the Devil's Court presents an intriguing and novel approach to the ancient theme about a man who sells his soul to the devil in exchange for a short time of happiness and success. Prominent authors such as Christopher Marlowe and Johann Wolfgang von Goethe have written about this age-old quest for happiness at a price. Deuker has taken the myth and turned it into a very contemporary novel about a teenager who is willing to do just about anything for one great basketball season.
Basketball is the main element in the novel, and contributes much to the excitement and...
(The entire page is 174 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE