Research the economic growth America experienced during the post-World War II years. What do you feel led people like Willy Loman to expectations regarding success and the "American Dream."
In what ways could the Loman family have avoided their sad situation by the play's end? Consider such elements as communication and compromise.
Compare and contrast the characters of Willy Loman and Amanda Wingfield (from Tennessee Williams's The Glass Menagerie); both of these characters spend much of their time recalling their past, often incorrectly. In what ways does this...
(The entire page is 146 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE