Jenny: Charley’s secretary
Part 3 covers the action up to when Willy says, “Charley, you’re the only friend I got. Isn’t that a remarkable thing?”
The flashback in which Willy challenges Charley to fight has ended, but Willy is still heard talking loudly offstage. The lights come up on a new scene: Bernard, now an adult, and Jenny, Charley’s secretary, in Charley’s office. After being fired, Willy has come to Charley’s office – as he does every week, Jenny tells Bernard. Jenny has work to do and asks Bernard...
(The entire page is 1235 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE