1. Divorce is a common ending to modern marriages. How does divorce influence Leigh's life and emotions? Is that an accurate depiction of the effects of divorce on a child?
2. Dear Mr. Henshaw is written as a series of letters and diary entries. Discuss how this format is effective or ineffective.
3. Bill Botts is shown to have both good and bad qualities. In what ways is he a good father? A bad father?
4. Bonnie Botts thinks that television viewing is "rotting" Leigh's brain. Many adults believe that television is detrimental to young viewers. Do you...
(The entire page is 196 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE