Marianthe Colakis (essay date winter 1989)
SOURCE: Colakis, Marianthe. “The House of Atreus Myth in the Seventies and Eighties: David Rabe's The Orphan and Joyce Carol Oates's Angel of Light.” Classical and Modern Literature: A Quarterly 9, no. 2 (winter 1989): 125-30.
[In the following essay, Colakis compares the use of the House of Atreus myth in Rabe's The Orphan and Joyce Carol Oates's novel Angel of Light.]
Even in the last two decades, when Greek myths are no longer a part of general knowledge, they have not lost...
(The entire page is 3252 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE