Jeffery W. Fenn (essay date fall 1990)
SOURCE: Fenn, Jeffery W. “Conditioned Response: David Rabe's The Basic Training of Pavlo Hummel.” Canadian Review of American Studies 21, no. 2 (fall 1990): 157-72.
[In the following essay, Fenn asserts that The Basic Training of Pavlo Hummel exemplifies the defining characteristics of the genre of the Vietnam war drama and places the play within the context of Rabe's Vietnam trilogy.]
David Rabe's “Vietnam Trilogy,” comprising The Basic Training of Pavlo Hummell (1968),...
(The entire page is 7322 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE