James Brown (review date 7 February 1993)
SOURCE: Brown, James. “Inside the Head of a Headcase.” Chicago Tribune Books (7 February 1993): 6.
[In the following review, Brown views Recital of the Dog as an allegory about crime and punishment.]
In the introduction to the first publication of his award-winning plays, The Basic Training of Pavlo Hummel and Sticks and Bones, David Rabe remarked that earlier in his life he wrote both plays and novels and that he was “not dedicated to any one form.” But upon receiving a...
(The entire page is 1144 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE