David Rabe and Stephanie Coen (interview date July-August 1997)
SOURCE: Rabe, David and Stephanie Coen. “When Reason Fails.” American Theatre 14, no. 6 (July-August 1997): 22.
[In the following interview, Rabe discusses his dramatic adaptation of A Question of Mercy.]
[Coen]: What led you to dramatize the essay by Richard Selzer?
[Rabe]: The piece was originally published in the Sunday New York Times Magazine, and when I read it, I was stunned by it as it unfolded. I had been in talks with American Playhouse...
(The entire page is 1132 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE