David Rabe and Philip C. Kolin (interview date 10 February 1988)
SOURCE: Rabe, David, and Philip C. Kolin. “An Interview with David Rabe.” Journal of Dramatic Theory and Criticism 3, no. 2 (spring 1989): 135-56.
[In the following interview, conducted on February 10, 1998, Rabe discusses his creative process, his use of symbolism, and aspects of individual plays.]
Coming from America's heartland (Dubuque, Iowa), David Rabe was drafted in 1965 at the age of 25 and completed a tour of duty in the literal Vietnam that he would later project...
(The entire page is 9980 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE