Dannie Abse and Mark Boada (interview date 1975)
SOURCE: Abse, Dannie, and Mark Boada. “An Interview with Dannie Abse at Princeton University.” Anglo-Welsh Review 25, no. 54 (1975): 128-46.
[In the following interview, Abse reflects on how his background has influenced his approach to medicine and writing.]
Dannie Abse was born on September 22, 1923, the youngest of four children of a lower-middle class Jewish family in Cardiff. After attending a state primary school, Abse went on to an Irish Catholic high school in Cardiff, where he was...
(The entire page is 8430 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE