Jessica Winter (essay date 19 March 2002)
SOURCE: Winter, Jessica. Review of Cymbeline. Village Voice 47, no. 11 (19 March 2002): 70.
[In the following review of Mike Alfreds's Cymbeline, which was transplanted from England to New York City in 2002, Winter comments on the attempts to reduce or eliminate the barrier between audience and stage, and summarizes individual performances in the production.]
At the outset of the Globe Theatre's Production of the Bard's most infamously convoluted contraption, artistic director Mark Rylance...
(The entire page is 748 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE