In the following viewpoint, John Bolt argues that those who intend to maintain America’s constitutional liberties should adhere to religious conservatism rather than liberalism or secularism. The nation’s current cultural war is largely between progressive liberals—those who believe in rationalism and subjective definitions of reality—and orthodox conservatives— those who believe in absolute truth and a transcendent authority. Bolt contends that while progressives champion political correctness, revisionist history, and revolutions that often lead to violence, religious...
(The entire page is 4140 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE