In the following viewpoint, Bradford P. Wilson argues that multiculturalism now permeates college campuses and is compromising the intellectual integrity of higher education. In a misguided attempt to embrace diversity, universities have adopted policies and programs that emphasize difference, including race and gender quotas, ethnic and gay and lesbian studies programs, segregated dormitories, and mandatory sensitivity training. An emphasis on radical feminism and the identity politics of oppressed groups encourages students to see the world only through the lens of race, class, and...
(The entire page is 2946 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE