- The sermon at Clermont
- The First Crusade
- The Holy Lance
- The Second Crusade
- The Third Crusade
- Richard, Saladin, and Chivalry
- The Fourth Crusade
- The Fifth Crusade
- The Lateran Palace
- The Nile River
- The Sixth Crusade
- The Seventh Crusade
- For More Information
The word "crusade" emerged from the Romance languages of Europe, especially French and Spanish, during the Middle Ages—the era in Europe...
(The entire page is 11506 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE