As the twentieth century draws to a close, the United States can look back on its scientific and technological achievements with pride. Especially during the past 100 years, this country has been leading the world in both industrial and military strengths, and the end seems nowhere in sight.
Technology Has Hurt the Environment
But these accomplishments have come with a price. One dimension that has suffered seriously is the environment. The American landscape is pockmarked with sites polluted by factories and power plants, mines and weapons labs. Many toxic chemicals...
(The entire page is 2478 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE