Ecotourism is often touted as an experience that allows us a rare opportunity to have our cake and eat it too. More precisely, ecotourism allows us to enjoy wilderness experiences without allowing those experiences to compromise the overall health of the natural environment.
When properly managed, ecotourism offers excellent wilderness experiences while contributing to the preservation of natural and historic places. It works this way: Controlled numbers of people pay for the opportunity to visit a sensitive environmental area. While there, they enjoy a sense of spiritual...
(The entire page is 3107 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE