- Topic #1
In Coming of Age in Mississippi, autobiographer Anne Moody explains how her response to a poverty-stricken childhood in the racist South turns her into an activist for black rights rather than a victim of her times. Describe how Moody's use of personal experiences growing up in the South helped transform her into an activist.
I. Thesis statement: In Coming of Age in Mississippi, Moody depicts how her poor childhood makes her angry enough to...
(The entire page is 695 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE