Civil rights activists on the Voter Registration protest march along Route 80 from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama, in 1965. Even after gaining the right to vote, African Americans in the South encountered discriminatory tactics that prevented them from registering.
Popular QuestionsSee all »
- What are the most important events in the book Coming of Age in Mississippi?
- In "Coming of Age in Mississippi", how does Anne respond to her family's discouragement of her activism? Why?
- What are the summaries to chapter 3-5 in the book Coming of Age In Mississippi by Anne Moody? I need it to help me get a better...
- What is the major message of the book Coming of Age in Mississippi?
- In "Coming of Age in Mississippi," how does Anne Moody become disillusioned with the civil rights leaders of her time?