1. What do stamps look like, according to Celie?
2. What does Nettie’s letter look like?
3. How does Shug cover for Celie’s theft of Mr.____’s razor?
4. What is Shug’s real name, and why is she called Shug?
5. Describe Shug’s relationship with her parents.
6. What did Shug’s sister do for a living?
7. List the things Albert used to do when he went out with Shug.
8. How does Shug describe Annie Julia?
9. Why did Shug want Albert to choose her?
10. What does Shug mean when she says...
(The entire page is 412 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE