1. How does Celie know that it is her daughter at the store?
2. What is Olivia’s foster mother buying at the general store, and why?
3. How old is Olivia now?
4. Why does Nettie show up at Mr.____’s farm?
5. Why does Celie start to feel good about herself?
6. How does Celie react to Nettie’s concern about leaving her alone with Mr.____?
7. Why do Mr.____’s sisters begin to gossip, even though “it not nice to speak ill of the dead”?
8. How does Celie compare with Mr.____’s previous wife, according...
(The entire page is 347 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE