Olivia: Celie’s daughter, taken from Celie at birth
The Reverend Mr.____ (Samuel): Olivia’s adopted father and husband to Corrine
Corrine: Olivia’s adopted mother
Kate and Carrie: Mr.____’s sisters
While Celie is at the dry goods store with Mr.____, she sees her daughter walking with Corrine. She begins to talk with Corrine and finds her to be a friendly and kind woman. When Corrine’s husband is late picking them up, Celie offers a ride to her and Olivia. They are ready to accept, but the reverend...
(The entire page is 1103 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE