- The Pequot War
- "Thus the Lord was pleased"
- King Philip's War
- "land is everlasting"
- Bacon's Rebellion
- Nathaniel Bacon
- Anti-Puritanism: The maypole of Merry Mount
- From New English Caanan
- The Salem witch trials
- "A Brand Pluck'd out of the Burning"
- "the blame and shame of it"
- Religious dissent: The Anne Hutchinson trial
(The entire page is 12714 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE