- French, Spanish, and Dutch colonies
- No Separation of Church and State
- Torture Boots
- The Duke's Laws
- English colonies take diverse forms of government
- Navigation Acts
- New England Confederation
- Leisler's Rebellion
- The militia
- Drawn and Quartered
- Slave codes
- "If I purchase a Man"
- The "Negro Plot"
- Lawyers in the colonies
(The entire page is 11876 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE