- A Carter perspective
- Carter's human rights campaign
- Containing communism in Africa
- Improving relations with communist China
- Camp David Accords
- More arms control talks
- Support for the contras
- Americans held hostage
- Afghanistan and the Carter Doctrine
- A costly arms race takes off
- Reagan escalates the arms race
- Reagan Doctrine,...
(The entire page is 9102 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE