Cohen syndrome is a very rare genetic disorder characterized by infantile hypotonia (a weakening of the skeletal muscles), childhood obesity, and several malformations.
Cohen syndrome was first described in 1973 by Dr. M. M. Cohen, Jr. in three children with distinct physical and developmental observations. Since then, over 100 cases have been reported throughout the world, offering the picture of an extremely rare disease with a...
(The entire page is 1937 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE