At a glance:
- Author: Chinua Achebe
Other literary forms
Chinua Achebe (ah-CHAY-bay) is a writer who has made important contributions in every literary genre. He is known primarily for his first novel, Things Fall Apart (1959). His other novels include No Longer at Ease (1960), Arrow of God (1964), A Man of the People (1966), and Anthills of the Savannah (1987). Achebe’s short stories are collected in The Sacrificial Egg, and Other Stories (1962) and Girls at War, and Other Stories (1972). He has also published collections of essays: Morning Yet...
(The entire page is 1495 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE
Popular QuestionsSee all »
- Explain one element of Chinua Achebe's argument that Joseph Conrad's novella Heart of Darkness is racist.
- In "Marriage is a Private Affair", what is the Okeke's external conflict?
- What is the context in ‘Marriage is a Private Affair’ by Chinua Achebe?
- How do I compare the thematic links between the poems "Refugee Mother & Child" by Chinua Achebe and "An Abandoned Bundle" by M.O....
- Identify where there is hope in Nene's letter to Okeke at the end of "Marriage is a Private Affair."
Test Your Knowledge