1. Who is Holden Caulfield?
2. Who is D.B., and why is Holden somewhat contemptuous of him?
3. What is the reality of Pencey Prep in contrast to the advertisements, as seen by Holden?
4. Why does Holden watch the game from the hill?
5. Who is Selma Thurmer, and why did Holden like her?
6. Who is Mr. Spencer, and why was Holden going to visit him?
7. Why was Holden trying to “feel” some kind of good-bye?
8. What does Holden think about the other students who attend Pencey?
(The entire page is 467 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE