1. Who is the central character in the story?
2. What is his special mark of devotion to the Virgin Mary?
3. Why do the Jews in the story hate the boy so much?
4. Describe the grim nature of the boy's murder.
5. What miraculous circumstance attends the finding of the murdered boy?
6. How is the abbot able to release the boy's soul?
7. How do the Catholics interpret the child's amazing singing?
8. How does the modern reader account for the treatment of the Jews in this tale?
9. Why is it...
(The entire page is 272 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE