1. What quality of the nobility does the Franklin admire most and try to imitate in his tale?
2. What is the rash promise made by Dorigen which is the source of all the trouble in The Franklin's Tale?
3. In what literary genre is this story written?
4. What is the theme of this tale?
5. From what sources did Chaucer borrow in creating The Franklin's Tale?
6. What is the effect on Aurelius when Dorigen rebuffs him?
7. Who stands by Aurelius during all of his trials?
8. How is the impossible feat...
(The entire page is 275 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE