Using the screenplay by (Seymour) Michael Blankfort, The Caine Mutiny was filmed by Columbia Pictures in 1954. Humphrey Bogart stars as Captain Queeg, Charles Nolte is Willis Keith, and May Wynn plays herself. The movie received seven Academy Award nominations including Best Picture, Best Actor, and Best Screenplay.
Alvin Rakoff adapted Wouk's story for television as "The Caine Mutiny Court Martial," first broadcast by BBCTV, June, 1958.
Herman Wouk adapted the novel into a staged version of the courtmartial trial. Paul Gregory first produced the play in the...
(The entire page is 139 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE