1. What was the Powder River tribes’ reaction to the rumors of soldiers surrounding them, and why did they have that reaction?
2. What did the Cheyennes say would stop their attacks on whites?
3. Why was Sitting Bull opposed to negotiating with the soldiers?
4. What did the Cheyennes learn from their September charge against the Army?
5. What fate did the Galvanized Yankee troops meet in the winter of 1865?
1. The tribes were skeptical because they thought their country couldn’t...
(The entire page is 160 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE