1. To where did the Santee Sioux retreat during the ten years before the Civil War?
2. Why did the Santees become angry at the U.S. during 1862?
3. How did Sibley respond to the message Little Crow sent him on September 7?
4. What reward did the murderers of Little Crow receive?
5. Describe the physical properties of the Santee reservation.
1. The Santees retreated to a strip of territory along the Minnesota River.
2. The annuities promised the Santees by treaty were not given,...
(The entire page is 176 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE