1. What tribe did Christopher Columbus meet upon landing in North America, and where did he meet them?
2. What four Indians gave aid to the Pilgrims, and why?
3. Who led the Indians’ war against Massachusetts colonists?
4. What was the Indians’ nickname for Andrew Jackson?
5. Who was the most powerful Indian tribe in the West in 1860?
1. The Taino, in San Salvador.
2. Samoset, Massasoit, Squanto, and Hobomah...
(The entire page is 125 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE