Legal Citation: 347 U.S. 483 (1954)
Several parents of African American children of elementary school age in Topeka, Kansas
Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas
That the segregation of white and African American children in the public schools of Topeka solely on the basis of race denied the African American children equal protection under the law guaranteed by the Fourteenth Amendment.
Chief Lawyers for Appellants
(The entire page is 2371 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE