Out of breath and frantic, Malthace arrives at Daniel’s shop with the news that Joel has been taken. Centurions had arrested him the previous day. Malthace fears that he will be sent to the galleys, where he could not possibly survive. Daniel is numb but tries to reassure her that Rosh will know what to do. Daniel asks Thacia to take care of Leah while he goes up the mountain to ask for the rebel leader’s help.
Rosh, however, shows no concern for Joel at all. Daniel cannot believe his ears. He urges Rosh to help plan an attack to retrieve Joel,...
(The entire page is 353 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE