Although born in the Dominican Republic on December 31, 1968, Junot Díaz has spent most of his life in the United States. He grew up in New Jersey and eventually earned a bachelor’s degree in literature and history from Rutgers in 1992 (the same college his character Oscar attended). Famed author Toni Morrison was one of Díaz’s writing mentors. He currently teaches creative writing at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
The New Yorker has listed Díaz as one of the top twenty writers of the twenty-first century, and his stories have appeared in four...
(The entire page is 202 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE