At a glance:
- Author: Jeannie Morris
- First Published: 1971
- Time of Work: 19431971
- Setting: Massachusetts; Ft. Lauderdale, Florida; Chicago; New York City; and North Carolina
- Genres: Nonfiction, Biography
- Subjects: Cancer, Death or dying, Sick persons, Athletes, Terminal illness or terminally ill, Biography, Football
- Locales: United States, North Carolina, Massachusetts, North America, New York, New York, Chicago, Illinois, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Form and Content
InBrian Piccolo: A Short Season, Jeannie Morris has compiled a narrative of Piccolo’s life using interviews with family and friends, the medical records of his hospital admissions, and Piccolo’s personal writings. The book tells the story of Piccolo’s life and battle with cancer in a somewhat scattered fashion by interspersing accounts of his youth, his high school years, and his college career with an account of his struggle against cancer. The biography can be confusing at times because Morris’ narrative jumps from third to first person and...
(The entire page is 1197 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE