1. What is Ward 81 like?
2. What shocks and embarrasses the nurse?
3. In what condition is Linda?
4. What are John’s first memories as he sits at Linda’s bedside?
5. What disturbs the Savage’s memories?
6. How does the Savage react when one boy squeezes up beside him?
7. How does the nurse try to pacify the children?
8. Whose name does Linda speak? What does this do to John?
9. What upsets the nurse when the Savage shouts for her to come to Linda?
10. How does the Savage...
(The entire page is 261 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE