Article abstract: After winning a scholarship to a prestigious French music school, Aaron Copland reluctantly attended Nadia Boulanger’s class on music theory, thus beginning a relationship that had profound consequences for the development of American music.
Summary of Event
Even by the age of eleven, Aaron Copland was composing short musical pieces. As a teenager, he tried to attend as many concerts as he could. He then turned to the study of musical theory, realizing that this was the only way to become a professional composer. Rubin Goldmark became...
(The entire page is 2058 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE