Bayles, Martha. "Special Effects, Special Pleading," in The New Criterion, Vol. 6, No. 2, January, 1988, pp. 34-40.
Blake, Susan L. "Toni Morrison," in Dictionary of Literary Biography: Afro-American Fiction Writers After 1955, edited by Thadious M. David and Trudier Harris, Vol. 33. Gale, 1984, pp 187-99.
Cormier-Hamilton, Patrice. "Black Naturalism and Toni Morrison: The Journey Away from Self-Love in The Bluest Eye," in MELUS, Vol. 19, winter, 1994, pp. 109-28.
Dee, Ruby. "Black Family...
(The entire page is 751 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE